Thursday, July 15, 2010

The death of an overlocker

As mentioned very briefly in the previous post my old overlocker has died. I took it in to get it serviced and see if they could fix a few things. Apparently they don't even make the needles for this particular machine any longer and it would need major alterations to adapt it to fit standard double needles and the cost of this is probably not worth the expense. All of this without even looking at the other things that are wrong with it, like the fact that the bottom thread keeps breaking and the timing is out (according to my mother who knows far more about these sorts of things that me).
So it's a sad day here. No overlocker means an end to my dreams of sewing pants to sell. For now at least. I therefore need a new plan to create an income, one that doesnt involve having to leave my boys and get a "real" job. Hmmmm what to do, what to do.....
The other sad thing about this particluar overlocker is that it was my mums, she had it before I was even born. It was the first overlocker I ever used.

No comments: