Sunday, December 5, 2010

Harvesting

I havent been having much success with my garden this year. The blame lies squarely on some small shoulders. Small,feathery, chickeny shoulders.  They have destroyed 5 lots of lettuce seedlings, 4 lots of peas, 2 lots of beans, 2 zucchini plants, 2 cherry tomato plants, several spinach plants, seveal silverbeet plants and the list goes on........
However we have managed to grow and finally harvest


red onions, about 25 of them in fact!

and some potatoes which the boys love hunting for in the dirt. they spent nearly an hour digging around in there.

We had them for dinner with some fresh chopped parsley and garlic from the garden and of course some butter.

Yum!

1 comment:

natacha lee said...

I hear you! I used to let our chickens forage next to our vege garden but after they dug out some of my seedlings and seeds they are locked in they little grassy area. They are dying to get out in the big garden, I guess I'll just have to pick the dandelion and other yummies they like from there...