Monday, August 9, 2010

1930's


This past week has been a very busy one for us, mostly spent hanging out with family, with great nanna's and uncles visiting and of course with the many family members that live here in Nelson. The reason for all of this family time is that the boys great nanna, Callums nanna, is turning 80 soon and has come down from Auckland to have celebration with all of us. I was also kept very busy sewing costumes for myself and the boys, which I of course left until the last minute. The theme was the 1930's because thats when she was born.
the birthday girl and daughter (my mother in law)

All of our food and drinks were served on antique china with antique glassware and silver as well. It was so beautiful.


The party took place in Founders Park inside one of the buildings there, Duncan House


Duncan House is the house my boys great grandfather grew up in before it was sold and then many years later it was moved to its present location.


The cupcakes were made with rosewater and tasted amazing!

Align CenterJust look how much the boys are enjoying them!

It really was a wonderful day. I think though that for the next dress up party I will be a little more organised and hopefully won't still be sewing buttons onto waitcoats the morning of the party.

1 comment:

SewSofie said...

What a beautiful idea. Those outfits are gorgeous.