Tuesday, August 3, 2010

sweets

Yesterday, the birthday day, the smallest monkey did not sleep so I did not get the zip done on those pants. I am really struggling to fit sewing in during the day, espeically as L seems to think that he no longer needs a nap every day. I did however manage to make a cake for Callum. He really really really wanted a cheesecake so thats what I made. A mars bar and baileys cheese cake to be precise and it was yum yum yummmmmmm! Unfortunately I didnt get a chance to take a photo before it was half demolished but here it is. Possibly the worlds richest and fattiest cheese cake.



I thought perhaps you might like the recipe too. but be warned it sure aint diet food! I'm can't remember where I got this recipe from, I copied it from a magazine a while back.

Baileys and Mar's Bar Cheesecake
200 g malt biscuits
125g butter
2 x 60g mars bars
1 1/2 300g tins of condensed milk
250g cream cheese
1/3 cup chocolate topping
1/4 cup baileys liquer
1 Tbsp powdered gelatine
1/4 c hot water
Whizz malt biscuits in a food processor, Add melted butter and sored over the base of a lined 20cm round cake tin. Chill
Chop the mars bars and place over the base.
Beat the condensed milk and cream cheese together until well mixed and light (approx 8 mins). Reduce the beater speed and add the chocolate topping and baileys. Increase the speed to mix well.
Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water. Reduce beater spped and slowly add the gelatine.
Pour the cheesecake mix over the base. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

Not only was it Callum's birthday yesterday but it was also my nephews. He turned 12. Now I have no idea about 12 year old boys, what they like, what they are into, whats "cool". I do however know that this particular 12 year old LOVES chocolate fudge so thats what I made him
and gave him that along with a book I knew he would like (his mum had to help me out with that one).








No comments: