Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lemons

Today was the first day of lemon recipes. I have some friends coming over this evening for a craft/stitch and bitch night so I thought that I would make something using some of the many lemons and this is what I came up with. Lemon muffins with lemon honey.
The recipe I used for the lemon honey comes from this book. From what I can tell it is very similar to every other lemon honey recipe out there.
The muffins are made with a recipe that I have had for many many years. I can't remember where I got it from or even the first time I made them. They are one of my all time favourites.
Lemon Muffins
2 cups self raising flour
3/4 cups sugar
75gm butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup milk
grated rind of 1 large or 2 small lemons
Combine self raising flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a seperate bowl and mix until well combined. Pour the milk mixture into the well. Fold until just combined. Spoon into greased muffin tray. Bake at 200 degrees celcius until golden brown.
If desired juice the above lemons and add 1/4 cup of sugar and pour over the hot muffins. This gives the muffins a delicious crunchy topping.

Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration, I have some lemons that need using up.

Widge said...

yuuuuummmmmm i love anything lemony